GCET MCA 2014 Admission Procedure will be conducted in accordance with merit/cutoff list prepared by the exam conducting authority Gujarat Technical University. Admission for five years integrated MCA course will depend on marks scored by candidates in the intermediate examination and no entrance examination will be conducted for offering admission.
For any doubts and queries students can call the GCET MCA 2014 ExamHelpline at 011-40360360
According to information available on the GTU’s official website, candidates will be able to access the merit list through the website and will also be for the same by such other means, which are yet to be decided.
Highlight of GCET MCA 2014 Admission Procedure
- Allotment of seats shall be made on the bases of merit, category of the candidates and availability of seats. The allotment of seats shall be published on the official website of the Committee.
- Separate merit list shall be prepared of students passed in 12th Science examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology /Technical Vocational subject (including practical marks).
- Merit list for reserved candidates will be prepared separately
- Candidate whose name appeared in the merit list will be required to give his order of choice of colleges or institutions.
- Candidates are required to obtain the print out of the ‘offer letter of allotment of seat,’ and copies of the ‘blank fee receipt’ from the website.
- Candidates, who have allotted seat, have to report the Help Centre with their ‘offer letter of allotment of seat’, receipt of fee, requisite original documents and testimonials, for verification, within a prescribed time limit.
- Candidates, unable to produce original certificates and testimonies necessary at the designated help center may be granted provisional admission under the below listed condition-
Candidates have to Rs 10,000/- as security deposit. If candidates submit the required documents within a period of three working days, a deduction of Rs. 500/- will be done towards the administrative expenditure and the remaining balance will be refunded.
Note: On failing to submit original certificates and testimonies within prescribed deadline, there are chances of cancellation on provisional admission and the security deposit may be forfeited.
Total numbers of government and management seats will be mentioned by GTU at the time of counseling rounds. However, percentage of seats is disclosed.
Number of management seats: Twenty-five percent seats of the total sanctioned seats in unaided Colleges or Institutions.
Number of government seats: Seventy-five percent of the total sanctioned seats in unaided Colleges or Institutions.
Filling vacant seats
In case seats remain vacant after the completion of admission process, candidates will be informed for vacant seats. Information will be displayed on the notice board of the office of the Admission Committee and the same may be intimated to the concerned participating institution.
Candidates are allowed to apply directly to the concerned institution.
Keep visiting it.careers360.com for more on GCET MCA 2014 Admission Procedure