Karnataka PGCET MCA 2014 Counselling procedure, which involves seat allotment to candidates as per their merit and reservation quota, document verification, fee collection, will start on July 12, 2014. To counselling rounds namely “Round One” and “Casual Round” will conducted for allotment of the General and Reserved Category seats under government seats and surrendered management seats.
For any doubts and queries students can call the Karnatataka PGCET MCA Exam 2014 Helpline at 011-40360360
Both karnataka and non karnataka candidates are allowed to participate in the Karnataka PGCET MCA 2014 Counselling round one. After round one, the seats remained vacant under reserved categories will be merged with the general category of government seats. Candidates not allotted a seat can participate in the casual round of Karnataka PGCET MCA 2014 counselling.
Candidates allotted with merit/rank are required to report at Counseling Centers and have to follow the below listed steps-
- Registration of the Candidate at counseling centre
- Verification of the documents
- Exercising the option by candidates (Selection of seats in accordance with merit order) at the counseling centre where the availability of seat is displayed using a projector linked to a computer which is programmed to account for the ongoing selection and balance seats available institution-wise as per the seat matrix.
- Candidate need to make payment of admission fee in demand draft form at the fee payment counter.
- To collect a provisional Admission Order signed by the Chairman Consortium for PGCET 2014.
- Candidates can proceed to the allotted Institution and report there within the last date specified for admission.
Highlights of Karnataka PGCET MCA 2014 Counselling
- Candidates have to remain updated on counselling schedule and events by visiting the official website after result declaration. Candidates will not be informed by other mode of communication on Karnataka PGCET MCA 2014 Counselling events and important dates by offline counselling letter or card.
- Candidates claiming seat under SC / ST / Cat-I and other category (Children of Ex-servicemen / Physically Disabled) category are required to furnish authentic documents to support their claim.
- First year tuition/course fee will be collected in the form of crossed Demand Draft of Rs 50,000 drawn in favour of PGCET MCA payable at Belgaum. Admission fee structure for government seats in universities and private colleges is given below-
Admission fee for first year
Govt. Seat in Universities PG Centers and Constituent Colleges
Rs 20,000 p.a. +University Fee
Govt. Seat in Private Colleges
Rs.50,000 p.a. +University Fee
- Candidates allotted with seat, can opt out to vacant/cancel the alloted seat by submitting the following documents- Original Provisional Admission order, Original Fee Receipt, and Application for refund with Clear & complete correspondence address. Dcuments have to be submitted before the commencement of second round of Karnataka PGCET MCA 2014 Counselling. As after, casual round the admission fee will not be refunded.
- The seat cancelled within the mentioned time frame by candidates will only lead to refund of tuition fee but with a deduction of Rs 1000 as processing charges.
Note: Change of institution/university will not be allowed once the candidate has secured admission.
Stay tuned to it.careers360.com for more news and articles on Karnataka PGCET MCA 2014 Counselling